Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Are you my mommy?

Today I was reviewing my RSS feed, when I stumbled upon a particular blog article about productivity.

In this blog article, the author recommends setting up a program that will block your internet access to specific sites after a certain amount of time. It is called "LeechBlock." The idea is that if you find yourself wasting a lot of time on the internet, you can help yourself by setting up this program to block your access and even point you to your "to do" list.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love "Get Rich Slowly." There are plenty of articles about personal finance to keep you motivated and informed about handling your money. It's great.

That being said, I just have to point out... This is what happens when you buy internet blocking programs for your children instead of teaching them how to manage their own time and make mature decisions about when and what they access on the internet. They grow up and instead of being a mature, responsible adult, they program their computer to be their mommy.

If you are wasting time on the internet, stop acting like a stupid kid, get off the freaking internet, and do your work.

Just like I'm about to do. :>

No comments:

Post a Comment