Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Biking to work vs. biking home

So, the other day, I realized that there is a fundamental difference between my thought processes when I am biking to work, and when I am biking home.

Basically, when I am on my way to work, it goes like this:



As you can see, on the way to work, the trip is mostly downhill. However, there is one slightly steep uphill that requires some effort. I always feel a little like a superhero, powering up that hill. I can almost hear the theme music playing in the background.

However, when I am on my way home, it looks a little more like this:



Definitely less superhero.

Clearly, the ratio of uphill to downhill should be reversed. Unfortunately, physics refuses to respond to my requests at this time, but perhaps it will get back to me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment